I am unsophisticated

On Monday, our firm had the Holiday Party at Spice. I won't get into the shenanigoats that occurred, but the boss gave a nice roast. When he got to me? "I'd like to welcome Victor and thank him for all his hard work. He's learned SO much English this year." Well, I guess that's better than ragging on me for being from Alabama. Anywho, this restaurant is one of those fancy pants places where normally if I were to walk in, I'd hear "Sir" followed by "Would you please leave without a fuss right now?" I've never claimed to be classy, although I have eaten Popeye's in a suit. And yes, I did wear a top hat and wield a cane during Homecoming. I have told many hippies to get a job, but, it's all a lie. My cane and tophat would get only so far before I open my mouth and say words such as "reckon", "diddly-poo" and "fixin' to". But, when I become rich and famous, I guess I'm going to need to take one of those "How to act rich" classes. Here's a sampling of the menu from Spice.

* barded loin of pork - 22
Serrano ham, spinach & pecorino spaetzle, cippolini onions, cumin broth
* braised beef brisket cannellonis - 21
creamed swiss chard, bacon mousse
* grilled tenderloin of beef - 28
potato & onion gratin, haricot verts, truffle jus
* "veal piccata" pan fried breast of veal - 20
hand-made orecchiette, onions, capers, tomatoes, dijon
* "duck & dumplings" - 22
duck confit, brussels sprouts, cippolini onions, bread dumplings
* slow roasted lamb loin & "best end of lamb" - 26
onion pudding, golden raisins

I won't even begin to tell you what I don't understand. I thought it said "bearded loin of pork" initially, and I was very confused. Words like cannellonis, chard, haricot, and spaetzle boggle my mind and make me think of France. I'm reminded of that great Trick Daddy and his video for "I'm A Thug". He's trying to impress some hottie and her snooty dad in a fancy restaurant. What's he do? Yep, orders up some fried chicken and chows down. Trick Daddy, you my hero.


Fine dining

Ah, never lose the southern accent - northern women love it. ;)

Could it be my baggy jeans
Or my gold teeth
That make me different from ya'll
Ain't trippin dog
But listen dog
I've been raised a little different dog
I'm just doing my thang
These are my ghetto slangs
And i'm representing thug shit
This who i roll with
I don't know what this world's gonna do
But i know one thing that this is the life for me
Baby cause i'm a thug
All day every day
Baby cause i'm a thug
Wouldn't change for the world
Uh huh cause i'm a thug
That's right you heard
Baby cause i'm a thug

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007