Who's the marketing genius who came up with this one?

Whilst shopping for some oh-so-tasty kiwis at a fancy Publix, I was started to hear sounds of thunder and flashing lights. First off, I don't recall ever having doing any type of hallucinogenic drugs, so it was real. So, lo and behold, this fake storm was the result of some genius at Publix who felt that by doing so, the consumer would be tempted to buy more produce. I asked the stocker why they did that, and he gave me the "what the fuck do I know, I'm getting paid to make sure the green and red peppers don't mix." Now, I don't have a marketing degree, but does thunderstorms = vegetables? And is the cost of these special effects driving up the price of the zucchini? I'll be damned if my veggies cost more b/c it has to cover some Bose speakers and a strobe light. Then, as I walked by the dairy section, it mooed at me. I'm glad that it mooed, because if it meowed, I'd be curious as to where the milk came from. Maybe I'm not used to this big city living, but when I shop, I'd rather hear a Muzak version of Gwen Stefani rather than feel like I'm stuck in the middle of some weird psychological experience. I guess by hearing a moo, the consumer's logic is "wait, mooing...cows...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I NEED MILK!" But thank you Publix, by hearing moos and thunderstorms, you are making me feel like a secure consumer. I know that it's cow milk I'm drinking and vegetables grown in a field.

Nutsack. There, I said it.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007