Happy New Year!



Today is Chinese New Years, and thus I would like to encourage all to grab a drink and celebrate it up. It is the year of the dog, so for all those born in 1982, this is your year, baby! Sadly, I will miss throwing the annual New Years Bash in Tuscaloosa. That was a wild time seeing a bunch of crackers eating egg rolls =) Also, below is one of the best pictures taken of Will at the shindig. Heh.


Grayson's "O" Face

To keep with the Asian theme, my one funny anecdote of the week: wrong-number calls from people who can't speak English. My current landline number in Atlanta once belonged to a Korean family. Now, I am a lover of all people (except the French), but recently my limits have been tested. Not only do I get all sorts of calls from telemarketers, but apparantly this Korean family did not tell people they have switched numbers. So, many times I would get calls from random Asians at crazy hours who babble in Korean and have no grasp of the English language. The kicker is that this man has called my house 4-5 times a day in the past week. I answered the first few times as I hoped that someone yelling in English "WRONG NUMBER" would perhaps send the message. But, now, he still leaves messages and keeps on calling! One time, I just continually said NO to him in hopes he understands. I mean, come on, if you were to call a number and heard a bunch of foreigner talk, I think you'd get the point. Once, just out of boredom, I had a conversation with the dude. I asked if he had ever taunted a giraffe into crying. Apparantly he has. He also knows the sound of one hand clapping. Smart man. Then I started speaking Chinese in hopes that maybe some words were similar. No dice. I think its a sad state of affairs when my most exciting moment is talking about zoology with a Korean man.

I can't understand you. Go back to your country. White- well you know...

Hey, Victor. Still waiting for some hash browns, smothered and covered.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007