I'll miss ya, Dibs


Dibya Sen 1980-2006

Today, I got news that one of my good friends from high school passed away suddenly after a medical school exam. I still don't have all the details, but right now, I'm still in shock. For those that didn't know him, he was instrumental in my shift towards good music, and despite how I used to mock him in high school for his mancrush on Eddie Vedder, I soon realized that Pearl Jam was indeed the best band in the world. I'll miss those days of street basketball and your crazy Ewing-like hook, cruising around in your beat-up Mercedes, and being up to no good. It's weird that he went to GaTech and ended up at UAB, and now me, the UAB grad, is at Atlanta. Unfortunately, we never had as many chances as we wanted to hang out. I don't claim to understand the afterlife, but I know you're in a better place. I know that you're hanging out with Ethan now. Thanks for all the good times and being a true friend. Much love, bro.

For he still smiles...
And he's still strong
Nothing's changed, but the surrounding bullshit that has grown
And now he's home
And we're laughing like we always did
My same old, same old friend
Until a quarter-to-ten
I saw the strain creep in
He seems distracted and I know just what is gonna happen next
Before his first step
He's off again
- Pearl Jam

Well said my friend.

I hope you are doing all right Victor. Death is tough and it comes for us all. I am praying that God gives you comfort.

Yes, well said indeed. All I can do is try to stress to use this event as reason to talk more with God to understand why things happen and try to give you some comfort. Experiences like this can lead you closer to God (through prayer and rememberance) or the devil (through anger and drinking). I sincerely hope that you chose the former, as I imagine your friend would, and this helps you maintain focus with a new perspective on the things ongoing in your life (i.e. the bar exam). If you need to talk about anything, let me know.

oh by the way.. today is yakov smirnoff's birthday. in america you celebrate birthday with a party, in russia you celebrate party's birthday or you will be shot.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007