Flied Lice

I was thinking back to the start of the third year of law school. At that time, I was working with Graves at Williams & Cheshire. One day we were in the front doing some filing, and this old black guy came in asking for donations. He asked our names, and then asked Ben if he was related to Peter Graves. Peter Graves was the guy in the original Mission Impossible and the captain in Airplane! ("Have you ever seen a grown man naked?") He then asked us if we knew who Peter Graves was. I was like, yeah, the guy from MI. Then, he shook my hand and goes "Wow, Ming-Ming! You a smart boy!" I didn't really think much of it as I'm used to that. Ironically, me and Graves were just talking about how much crap Asians get and how he didn't really see it. I got a big "wow, I'm sorry I didn't realize that actually happens" afterwards =)

But, Crazy Joe Boyles got wind of the situation and had a field day calling me Ming-Ming, and that was the phase where I did my very bad Asian accent (and Ted Kennedy, to boot). I realize now that my accent was flawed, as I was doing more of a Japanese accent. Apparently, Japanese cannot pronounce "l"s, as in "You rack disciprine." I think I modeled my accent after the owner of the City Wok in South Park. But, "God-damn Mongorians" is NOT correct. Chinese CAN pronounce "L"s, as that is why the stereotype is "flied lice". I apologize to the broken English speakers worldwide. But, what's weird is that I don't think my parents ever had an issue with saying fried rice. I'm pretty sure that just wanting to speak bad English is a slap in the face of my people. But, I think my Foreigner-listening, fried-chicken-grubbing, Alabama-loving ways have already cemented my status as an "Uncle Wong" and a disgrace to my family. Damn you whitey!



Sacre Bleu! At least your not French.

vic vic,
don't worry i can't even do a decent indian accent, it ends up sounding russian/jamaican

This reminds me of the time you and I were watching 'O Brother Where Art Thou' and you got a longing look on your face and said "What ever happened to our good ole music." I recall responding in an incredulous tone "Our music?" And going on to point out that YOUR music involved quite a bit of "banna nanna nan na nat na na" (You get the idea). However, after years of watching you devour fried chicken like chicken prohibition starts tomorrow, eat squirell with me and my grandparents, and listen to Journey... I still think your comment was absurd. Have you ever heard me say "What has become of Egg Drop soup?" or "My hero is Chairman Mao." No. No sir, I have not.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007