A case of the Mondays....

Everybody is familiar with one of the worst aspects of a Monday morning. After a too-short weekend, you have to wake your sleepy ass up. Normally, in March and in SPRING TIME, it should not be particularly terrible as its not 45 degrees outside in the freaking SOUTH. Alas, with Mother Nature deciding to get off her Ritalin, the weather sucks. Nothing is worse than having to drag yourself out of the warm comfort of bed to go to work on a cold and dreary day. After receiving an interesting link, I found out that there are some amazing alarm clocks.


The one on the left lays eggs when the clock goes off. Yes. Lays eggs. You have to collect these eggs and drop them in the basket for the alarm to shut off. I don't know how it works either, but, man, looking for tiny eggs while half asleep seems like a recipe for disaster. Especially for those that wear contacts and are kind of blind, it'd seem like a helluva time moping around in the dark. It'd be like [insert name of friend]'s girlfriend/wife searching for his dong! Hooray for generic, non-offending jokes! Anyways, the 2nd alarm is even crazier. When the alarm goes off, that little flying thing goes zipping around you like a damn whirly-bird! You gotta catch that thing and replace it on the base for the alarm to go off. Again, this seems like something that in theory is supposed to get you out of bed. In practice, I can imagine many alarms being smashed. But then again, I do giggle at the image of myself swatting weakly at the flying alarm. And I always think that a believable and plausible excuse for being late to work is that "Sir, I couldn't find all the eggs to put back in my basket", followed by "Well, my mom may have had a beer or two back then, but why do you ask?"

I thought you weren't supposed to put all of your eggs in one basket. Why would you want to start the day going against age old proverbs? Next thing you know you will have to fix an alarm clock that ain't broke to turn it off or roll over and look a gift horse in the mouth. Perhaps you could use the eggs to count your chickens before they hatch... Senseless.

eric. that was funny. cheers.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007