It's the Final Countdowwwwwn....

As everybody knows, Final Countdown is one of the greatest songs in the world. For those unfamiliar with such greatness, this song is one that is played at the end of any close sporting event and GOB's theme from Arrested Development. And, of course, it is always one of my ringtones that never fails to get the ladies excited.Submitted for your approval is this amazing version of said great song. Europe, who sang Final Countdown, was from Sweden. So, it seems that they are seen as gods among the Scandinavians and Vikings. For a fledgling Swedish garage band, covering Final Countdown is probably like trying to play Stairway to Heaven or Sweet Home Alabama. You ain't a band til you've tried to cover them. Of course, I'm assuming they are Swedes due to their accent, but just take a gander and you'll be amazed at their talent. Just a warning, if you watch this at work, be prepared to muffle some laughter as words cannot describe how absolutely horrendous the singer is. I mean, I'm no Pavarotti, but I think after a few scotches and a throat-punch from Tim, I would still sound better. But, man, you gotta give these kids credit. They do it for the music. Just click the PLAY button and enjoy.

That was not painful because of how awful the singer was. It was really more painful because it made me sad to hear such a classic ass kicker of a song played so poorly. What I found amusing was that the singer was his own back-up singer, the other dudes apparently are SO bad that not does the singer have the best pipes in the band, those guys aren't even enough in his league to back him up.

I imagine that if the FBI or CIA had used Final Countdown as part of some repetitive music torture back in Waco, Texas, David Koresh and his flunkeys would have been waiving the white flag at about the halfway point of the second playing. Additionally, I think this is a great cover of the song. I listened to it for about 10 seconds, realized that it was Final Countdown, and then turned it off, exactly like I would have done with the original.

Thanks, Vic - that's 1 minute and 11 seconds that I'll never get back. I couldn't take it any longer after that... wrong, dude, that was just wrong. P.S. - Willie Mo represents Foreigner. That's right. Foreigner.

On fourth viewing, I noticed that they actually have a semblance of light effects. The lights in the back change from white to blue. Thus, I can only presume that there is a tech guy watching this and that this band is apparantly good enough to even HAVE a tech guy. Jules, sign these kids up! Oh, and with further sleuthing, this was performed by the band "Deep Sunshine" at the Upplevelsefestival in Sköllersta, Sweden. Bork bork bork...

I read the headline "It's the final countdowwwwwn...." read the message about how this was the worst version of final countdown ever and decided not to open it. Guess I picked up reading comprehension in law school.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007