Opening Day!!!

Just to rub it in to certain people in that state over yonder, I will do a quick recap of the exciting events of Opening Day for the Braves!

1) I missed about 4 innings of the game as traffic is horrendous. Then, I took a wrong turn and ended up on the highway to Athens. I'm not very smart.

2) Parking at the stadium sucked, but we got lucky and parked in a free lot. We also got to deal with some very bitchy girls who claimed they couldn't back out due to where I was parked. Yep, they were in some huge SUV that they shouldn't be driving. Luckily, my car was neither harmed nor hindered, and all was good.

3) Stadium beer line. Almost 30 minutes. Almost worth $6.50. Next time, I'll remember to bring my Kang's Klassic Kocktail - Half Coke, half Early Times in a nice 1 Liter Coke bottle. Security guards are none the wiser. "Lift up your cap, sir." Sure thing, officer, b/c that's where I normally store my explosives, knives and other pointy objects. Next to my head. All I know is that the Kocktail (right, like I'm going to use the acronym) gets pretty nasty around the 7th inning when the Coke is warm, right Grayson?

4) Whilst in the beer line, we bumped into our bartender from the local watering hole. His name is Wes, and he made me my first (and last) Manhatten. Ugh. Not sure what knowing your bartender means, but perhaps the word I'm looking for rhymes with "gualcholic".

5) Andi and her beer line had a much better story. Seems that the girl in front of her, who was about 16-17, decided to stand the whole time in hopes of getting a beer. I wasn't made aware of whether said high-schooler was hot or not, but I have to assume she was, because when she was up, she didn't even have a fake ID. I don't know what was going on in her head other than possibly "Well, I'm a hot cheerleader and half my boobs are hanging out, so I bet this 80-year old beer man will pop a geezer-chubby and let me buy beer with no ID." Alas, the old man stuck true to the Beer Man's Code of Honor and denied her. Her next course of action? What ALL girls do when they don't get what the want, she started to cry. Wow. Now, I've cried in the past when I noticed the bottle was empty, but that's a different story. And yes, I said ALL girls. Nyah!

6) Apparantly, it was Big Hooter's Night at Turner. I'll leave it at that so as to not piss off those one or two ladies who still tolerate me despite my previous statement.

7) Jeff Francoeur is a piece of shit. Not only is his nickname "Frenchy", but he plays like a Frenchman: stinking and losing all the time. He's never seen a pitch he doesn't like, and to make matters worse, people still cheer for him. The whole time at the game, some sorority chicks behind me were talking about how hot he is. All I can say is that his goofy smile seems to say "Hyuck...you sher's purty." I don't get it. Seems people like him b/c he's from the area and is attractive. I guess his .061 batting average is irrelevant.

8) Boy, I really do love some baseball. Got more free tickets to Thursday's game (Thanks Rach!). Gonna try to make it to one of the Padres games so that McKie can get a schedule magnet. I'm still debating about going to the games solo, but I'm thinking I can drag or bribe somebody to go (yeah, I don't have many friends...). But, anytime y'all want to go to a game, just call me up and I'm there. Go Braves!

PS - Yeah, I realize I've done a couple of posts where it's just me describing my boring daily life. Sorry, but the ol' creativity bone ain't too good recently. I promise we'll get back to more inane and random observations instead of these "This is what I did today and you should care because I'm a pretentious asshole" posts.

Victor,

Don't worry about the ugly, atrocious fridge magnet. Kevin hasn't been informed yet, but now that he is married, he is not allowed to put ugly magnets on MY refrigerator.

GO CARDINALS!
MRS. BURKETT-MCKIE

P.S. I had to resort to the hyphenated name--a la Carrie Vaughn-Cromey--to show that I'm serious! Never mess with a woman with a hyphenated name! We mean business!

For starters, I second the notion that the Cardinals are clearly the greatest baseball franchise known to mankind. When you stack the redbirds up against the braves, it is just that much more evident. it is like comparing a perfectly cooked t bone steak with having julia (aka stinkey mcdeucedrop) shit in your mouth. to sum it up, the braves suck. they suck hard. that .061 batting average for frenchy, that will improve. until the playoffs. then it will dip back down to .061, and there wont even be a full stadium to watch it. why? because the fans themselves know of the inevitable. "Oh eric, kiss my ass, they've made the playoffs 15 straight years". Congratufreakinglations, what an accomplishment. How many championships out of that? thats about like talking the hottest cheerleader in school (to go back to the blog) into coming to your room and get naked and then you crap yourself and have your mom give her a ride home. come september, you will hear the inevitable noise of gagging from atlanta as the braves choke their season to death. i only wish braves fans would follow suit.

and yeah victor, you are a pretentious asshole

I'll have you know that my shit is sweet and fantastic - haven't had a single complaint yet.

God I love baseball. What a great way to waste 1/8th + of every day between now and college football season.

Baseball? is that the game where not 11 dudes play not football on the big grassy field. no wait that is soccer. baseball is the one where 9 steroid using latin guys stand on the field for 5 hours while doing about 15 actual minutes of activity. Baseball sucks! It is only exciting to those among us who can enjoy the excruciating minutae of seemingly endless streches of time between the real action. Everybody in the world is better at it than us, much like soccer. Actually, we are getting better at soccer internationally and worse at baseball. We should just give it up and let the rest of the world have it. The only reason the major league is still in the united states is because we have the most money to spend on it. It is probably actually more popular in asia or latin america. That settles it Football is king! Go Cowboys.

If your referring to the World baseball classic . . . I really dont think the U.S. represented with their best young talent. Generally, however I do believe that the best overall young athletic talent in the U.S. gravitates towards football for one reason or another.

All I can say is that WOO!!! I briefly got on TV (according to Kev) when...yes...of ALL people, Frenchy hit his second homerun. Alas, I didn't make the play as I was more stunned/shocked that he hit the homer and that I was about 20 feet away from the ball. I blew it. It was pretty bittersweet. And yes, I'm gonna try to make it to either tonight or Saturday's game so the McKies can have a nice fridge magnet.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007