Happy Festivus (and my 100th post!!)

December 23 is of course...Festivus for the rest of us. Here's a little backstory for those not in the know. Most of this is taken from wikipedia (credit where credit due).

The Festivus Pole

The tradition of Festivus begins with an aluminum pole, which is praised for its "very high strength-to-weight ratio." During Festivus, the unadorned Festivus Pole is displayed. The pole was chosen apparently in opposition to the commercialization of highly decorated Christmas trees, because it is "very low-maintenance," and also because the holiday's patron, Frank Costanza, "find[s] tinsel distracting."

Festivus Dinner

A celebratory dinner is shown on the evening of Festivus prior to the Feats of Strength and during the Airing of Grievances.

Airing of Grievances

And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year!

In the Airing of Grievances, each person present at the celebration tells friends and family of all the instances in which they have disappointed him or her that year.

Feats of Strength

The Feats of Strength is the final tradition observed in the celebration of Festivus. Traditionally, the head of the household selects one person at the Festivus celebration and challenges that person to a wrestling match. The person may decline if they have something else to do. Tradition states that Festivus is not over until the head of the household is pinned in a wrestling match.


My airing of grievances:
1) France - despite my love for your quiches...you disappoint me with your headbutting pansiness and overall "feh" qualaties...
2) Atlanta - $15.25 for a pitcher of Coors is UNCONSCIONABLE...I don't care how close we are to Bobby Dodd Stadium and how many druken Irish fans there are to rip off.
3) The University of Alabama - Hire a fucking coach....and stop losing to Auburn...
4) My bros and hos from law school - As a whole, y'all have disappointed me with the lack of millionaires as I need somebody to mooch off of.
5) My bros and hos from UAB - Ditto....when are y'all gonna be neurosurgeons, nurse practioners, vagina pokers, rich optometrists??? I need mooch money, fools!!
6) To my parents...no real grievances..for once, my haircut did NOT make me look like an asshole.

Happy Festivus to All!!

And of course:
In celebration of my 100th post...here again is my dream picture:

Seriously....hot white women and fried chicken??
I swear that this picture was taken expressly for my enjoyment...
and enjoy it I shall...Thanks for reading e'erbody....here's to a 100 more pointless posts

I got a lot of problems with you people!

Why did your parents leave a pony country to come to a non-pony country?

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007