Ye Steveth Perry Appreciation Guild

Well, as UAB and Alabama marches on towards the Big Dance, another team dear to my heart ended their season. Yes, our team trivia league, Steve Perry Fan Club, held the finals at the prestigious 755 Club in Turner Field. Alas, the $5,000 grand prize was not ours to be had, but 18th ain't too shabby out of 100 teams. The question that proved fatal? What are the 12 characteristics in the Boy Scouts credo. Yeah, well if they allowed Asians to be Scouts, I would have known. (it's not true, but it makes for a good scapegoat to blame Whitey.) But, the tournament had its plus as I was able to walk around Turner Field and take in grandeur of it all. It's quite a sight to see and now I shall lower my alcoholic tastes to save up money for season tickets. I'm afraid its back to the 100 Pipers scotch. In a related note, we got free tickets to the Renaissance Fair. Yep, ye olde faire. To make it better, there were representatives at the finals who dressed the part. So yes, there were some maidens with their bosoms overflowing. Sadly, they were about 40 years too old and a few inches too saggy. Doth, I protest! Yea verily, such sights tis not for the weaketh of heart. I first scoffed at the idea of the Renaissance Fair, but then I thought about it. Where else can I get the chance to sup on legs of turkey and pork roasting on thine spit. Further, I love speaking like ye olde English. Zounds! But hey, if I can drag someone there, it'll be fun to get drunk on mead, rock out to ye olde lute, hit on the fair maidens and fake offense whenever someone says "Hark, there seems to be a chink in thou armor!"


"Have at you!"

i was yawning my way through another shenanigoats session, but calling yourself a chink saved the day for me. that was rather clever and racially insensitive, which is always fun.

Jesus Christ, here we go again. Eric slams Victor and his blog for not being funny in an effort to show that he's too cool for this lame humor. If you're so damn funny, start a competing blog and then you will shut Victor up for good. Then, Victor will respond with some huffiness as he refuses to accept the fact that his humor is slowly getting played out and that every post is the same idea: You are Chinese and it's a crazy white world out there that confuses you. You are inept in all aspects of simple living such as cooking and making friends. We get it. Quit your bitching and get over it.

i was ribbing victor in good natured fun.. but anynomous, thats just mean. and besides, how much respect can one really have for a point of view that the own viewholder is ashamed to admit is his or hers?

Ok, a plea to Eric: PLEASE do not start your own blog. And Vic, this one made me laugh... so no bitching this time. The "have at you" at the end actually aroused an audible chuckle... so cheers, my good man. Congrats to the Steve Perry Fan Club, thou art a wascally wabbit. Peace.

Fair enough. He/she/it makes valid points. Without being "huffy", I'll say "Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll take it to heart."

say what you will.. i get people talking, but would never harbor any intentions of creating my own blog. it would be the most absurdly boring thing on earth. middle class white guy's every day life, sure to be shocking. in any event, victor knows that he and his seemingly endless wit always deserve kudos

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007