Food, Sex or Cars?

As everybody knows, gas ain't cheap nowadays. For us folks that do that big city living, it's not very fun plunking down $45. Sadly, another malady that affects us big-city folks is the matter of going out and having a good time. With rising costs, I decided to try budgeting and forgo some pleasures for more "reasonable" costs. I was amazed that despite the rock-bottom price, there IS worse Scotch than 100 Pipers. Even getting a pitcher of The Champagne of Beers is about $7!!! And for lunch, a club sammich at an establishment like MacAllister's can run you ten bucks. But, what would you do with if you had an Andy Jackson burning in your wallet? Which would you rather have: 1/2 a tank of gas, throwing twenty GW's at a skanky stripper, or a hearty meal at Popeye's? I think I'd just buy 1/4 of gas and a smaller meal at Popeye's. As for the booby club, I think it's still too early in my life to be going solo to these joints. I don't think I've reached the stage of "dirty old man" yet. Just dirty. And if anything, that's what the internet's for. It's been a while, but I guess I might have to dust off my ole "Project Hobo" contingency plan: live in my car and with the $5-7 bucks I can get off begging, buy Wild Irish Rose for $1.25 to drown the sorrows and feast on some double cheeseburgers at McDs. It'd work.

But, the concept of food, sex or cars is of course not mine. It is from the classic SNL skit that featured contestants having to decide which of the three is the most desirable: the food, the sex, or the car. Just for shit and giggles, here are a few of the questions. Choose wisely.
1) circus peanut, Bea Arthur, or a Dodge Dart
2)a hero, the blonde sister from Heart, or a Firebird
5)garlic bread, Martha Stewart, or a US Postal van
6)a head of lettuce, Shirley Hemphill, or a '79 Pinto
7)a raw egg, Betty Ford, or the Beverly Hillbillies' truck
8)a can of beets, Estelle Getty, or a bobcat with a saddle on its back
9)a bucket of lard, She-Hulk, or the Hindenburg (Oh, the humanity!~)
10)potato skins, Connie Chung, or a Pontiac Bonneville


For starters, Kudos my friend. This is my favorite SNL skit of all time, and a very fun game to play with your friends. Many an entertaining hour has been spent by me figuring out these noodle scratchers. As for my answers:
Circus Peanut
Pontiac Firebird
Garlic Bread
Betty Ford
A bobcat w/ a saddle on its back
the Hindenburg (only like 10% of the passengers died)
Potato Skins (or connie chung if I can make Maury watch)

Dude, She-hulk is hot.

Estelle Getty AND Bea Arthur at the same time. In the backseat of a Firebird.

Post a Comment
SHENANIGOATS

  • Where randomness makes out with inanity...

    Me

  • I am me. My mind creates many thoughts that shouldn't be viewed in public...

    Random quote of the day (or week, if I'm lazy)

  • “Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North" and those are some of the principles that I live with today." - Michael Scott

    escapes


  • FARK
  • PAC-MAN
  • Boing-Boing
  • How crazy are you?
  • Frogger
  • Yahoo Pool Online
  • Pandora-Awesome music site
  • The Onion
  • Misheard Lyrics
  • More Free Games
  • Family Feud Online
  • Wikipedia
  • Internet Movie Database
  • Roll Tide!

    yesterdays

    November 2005
    December 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007